Fleet Coordinator - Contract
Southern NB Woodlands in Saint John, NB
FLEET COORDINATOR - 14 Month Contract
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882 , J. D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified enterprise based in Saint John, New Brunswick with a team of over 16,000 (FTE) in Canada, the United States, and select international jurisdictions. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
J.D. Irving, Limited is currently seeking candidates for the position of Fleet Coordinator to be located in Saint John, New Brunswick. This is a great career growth opportunity for recent post-secondary graduates.
- Education: Post-secondary education
- Years of Experience:
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Able to learn computer software programs and use new technologies
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Self-starter with ability to work alone
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Adaptable to constantly changing priorities
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Coordinate and schedule round wood and chip trucks using dispatch software
- Update dispatch software to reflect actual load and unloading times
- Ensure all information is entered accurately to facilitate payroll and billing
- Professionally manage issues raised by drivers
- Manage availability of drivers and equipment to maximize efficiencies
- Provide directions to trucks and destination locations
- Identify cost saving opportunities to exceed customer and operational expectations
- Promote and support all safety initiatives
- Prepare reports for management
- 45 hours/week on a weekly rotating schedule (M-F)
Includes morning, afternoon, and night shifts
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.