Project Control Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
PROJECT CONTROL SPECIALIST
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Responsible to the Senior Project Manager, the purpose of this role is to develop and maintain effective management processes, and to use the resulting output to assess project performance.
In doing these activities the Project Controller will be enabling the relevant Project Managers to focus on the key issues, threats or opportunities, and make appropriate management decisions. The role is itself supported by any Project Coordinators in the team, who will help to carry out the approved processes as part of a regular drumbeat.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and responsibilities.
- Post-secondary education required
- Experience in engineering, manufacturing or planning required
- Minimum of 2-5 years of project controls experience
- experience within a major project environment considered a strong asset
- Knowledge of project management experience considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills required
- Must be proficient in the use of MS office products (Excel, Project, Words, Etc) and Primavera.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Update and maintain program schedule
- Enact authorized schedule changes in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Analyze program risk and schedule impact, including Critical Path impacts;
- Track progress against current and baseline schedules;
- Develop schedule-based reports to support task management and senior management review;
- Understand schedule variances in the context of an Earned Value Management System;
- Identify opportunities for schedule improvement;
- Assist all relevant departments with the proper understanding of the schedule, and with accurate progress input;
- Work with customer representatives to develop a joint Integrated Schedule at the appropriate level of detail.
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.