WSP in Thornhill, ON
Department Infrastructure - Water Wastewater
ID # 11092
Job Type Student
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Summer Student to join our Conveyance department, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for a wide variety of municipal linear infrastructure projects including the design of and rehabilitation of distribution and transmission watermain, and local and trunk wastewater and stormwater sewers .
- Assist with preparing technical analysis and design;
- Assist with preparing reports;
- Prepare and review of technical drawings and details;
- QC review of construction documentation; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent academic record;
- Enrolled in Civil Engineering program;
- Has an interest in the design or rehabilitation of water and wastewater infrastructure.;
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation;
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written; and
- Have shown leadership skills by participating in extra-curricular events and volunteer work.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.