WSP in Edmonton, AB
Department Corporate - Finance
ID # 11087
Job Type Contract
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Billing Coordinator to join our Finance Team, located at our Edmonton office for 1-year contract. This position reports directly to the Regional Billing Manager. The Project Billing Coordinator is responsible for preparing invoices for clients, reviewing inventory and responding to inquiries from Project Managers.
Are you a motivated professional willing to challenge the status quo? This is an amazing entry level opportunity with substantial room for growth in a prosperous, reputable firm
- Prepare all periodic accounting, financial reporting and variance analysis within the established corporate deadlines;
- Set-up and manage billing terms in the system for an assigned portfolio of projects and clients;
- Obtain additional billing details as required to ensure billing accuracy and escalate billing issues and or concerns to the Regional Billing Manager;
- Generate and submit invoice drafts and supporting back-up to Reviewers/Approvers and make revisions as required;
- Prepare and send final invoice packages to Clients within deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy;
- Work closely with other areas of the business (including but not limited to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Project Managers and Project Accountants) as required to promptly address issues and concerns;
- Assess and recommend billing process improvements to the Regional Billing Manager to reduce the amount of time to process and deliver final invoice to Clients;
- Additional duties include reconciliation of billing, data entry, filing, and obtaining/organizing supporting documentation including preparation of reports and spreadsheets as needed;
- Additional tasks as required.
- Completed Post-Secondary Education in Finance or Accounting field;
- Working towards or completion of a professional accounting designation is an asset;
- Previous related billing experience and working in a similar finance department is an asset;
- Strong understanding of accounts receivable, collections and customer service;
- Fluent spoken and written English along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Highly driven, committed, organized and flexible with proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet challenging deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Self-motivated and analytical with a strong attention to detail with proven organization and problem solving skills;
- Capacity to demonstrate tact and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external clients;
- Intermediate skills with MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.