Project Naval Architect
Poseidon Marine Consultants Ltd. is a registered engineering company of naval architects and marine surveyors with offices in Newfoundland and New Brunswick. Our company has an established reputation for completing a diverse and comprehensive range of services to a broad network of clients within the regional marine and offshore industries.
We are currently seeking applications for the position of Project Naval Architect, based out of our office in Saint John, NB. Under the mentorship of senior staff, the successful candidate will lead and/or support several types of ongoing projects, such as designing for new construction or vessel modifications, ship refit and repairs, marine/offshore structural design and analysis, technical specification and report writing, regulatory consultation and stability analysis.
The successful candidate will possess the following abilities and/or qualifications:
- A minimum of five (5) years of applicable experience in the marine industry.
- Degree in Engineering (discipline of Naval Architecture) OR diploma in Naval Architecture Technology, from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Eligibility for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick (APEGNB - P. Eng. certification is an asset, but not required), OR the New Brunswick Society of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (NBSCETT).
- Proactive and capable of forward thinking problem solving.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of building and maintaining constructive working relationships with office staff, clients, regulatory personnel, and other points of professional contact.
- Attention to detail and accuracy. Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines and priorities among concurrent projects.
- Proficiency with technical software, such as Microsoft Word/Excel, AutoCAD, Rhino, and GHS. Experience with FEA software will be considered an asset.
- Understanding of shipbuilding, construction and repair.
- Experience working with regulatory bodies, i.e. Transport Canada and Classification societies. Experience working with other industry personnel, such as shipyards/fabricators, equipment suppliers, and other key personnel in the regional marine industry, will be considered an asset.
- Valid driver's license.
Poseidon Marine Consultants Ltd. offers a collaborative working environment, and industry competitive compensation packages, which includes group insurance and RRSP programs.
Interested persons may submit their resume to email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted, and interviews will be completed on an appointment basis.