Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
To help in our planned growth, we are pro-actively recruiting for a Sr. Oracle Database Administrator. The Oracle DBA will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-10 years DBA experience with Oracle RDBMS
- Experience in enterprise database infrastructure, including performing data backups, migration, and database performance tuning.
- Experience in the design, configuration, and integration of relational databases
- Experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large systems
- Experience of working in a team that delivers a high availability service
- Ability to troubleshoot through complex problems
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service
- Experience with other database systems, preferably SQL Server
- Oracle DBA Administrator Certification would be an asset.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada's TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015's list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!