Project Engineer, Conveyance
WSP in Thornhill, ON
Project Engineer, Conveyance
Business Line Infrastructure
ID # 11084
Job Type Permanent - Full Time
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our Urban Systems Modelling team, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for a wide variety of small to large scale studies, conceptual design and detailed design related to capacity issues within sewer systems in an urban environment. This position will provide you with experience on Municipal Class EA process, hydraulic modelling of sewers, conceptual design of sewers, and other related activities.
- Primarily using InfoWorks ICM or similar as a tool to resolve issues related to flooding
- Assist with preparing technical analysis and design;
- Assist with preparing reports;
- Assist with hydraulic modelling of sewers and GIS; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 to 10 years' experience;
- Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering;
- Has an interest in the hydraulic modelling of sewer and to solve real life issues dealing with basement flooding and water quality;
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: InfoWorks CS/ICM, PCSWMM, GIS, Programming using Excel;
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written; and
- Understanding of project financials and experience managing budgets will be considered an asset
- P.Eng. required
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.