Construction Site Supervisor
Bay Construction + Management Inc. is a Moncton-based commercial construction company with an interesting and diverse portfolio of clients and projects. We are currently seeking a talented, passionate and self-disciplined professional to join our team as a construction site supervisor.
What We Offer:
At Bay, we promote and support our employees' personal and professional growth and value a healthy work-life balance. This full-time position is ideal for a motivated individual that is looking for a long-term career and an interesting growth opportunity.
What You Bring:
The successful candidate will be organized, hard working and dedicated to providing exceptional service to our clients. Likewise, this person will demonstrate resourcefulness, attention to detail, exceptional time management and problem solving skills, effective communication and the ability to manage multiple priorities and provide leadership to all personnel connected with our projects.
Specific accountabilities, responsibilities and qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of site activities, including: verification and control of scope, control the schedule, control labor and material costs, quality assurance, safety audits and reporting on project performance.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants and subcontractors;
- Ensure the effective, efficient and timely delivery of all phases of the construction project(s), including: scheduling, quality control, safety, client satisfaction, and proper close-out;
- Ensure site safety meets Bay's policies and all legislative requirements;
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with all other members of Bay's team and promote the company's policies, procedures and values;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a site supervisor or comparable level in the commercial/ institutional construction industry;
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the contracting business on projects with value of $50,000 to $5,000,000;
- Level 1 First Aid required, additional safety courses are considered an asset.
- Knowledge of standard construction practices (i.e. CCDC) and building codes;
- Strong management, planning, leadership and organizational skills;
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a relevant discipline;
- Driving license in good standing, and own work truck is required;
- Designation of GSC, CET or P.Eng is considered an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
The total compensation package for this position is competitive in the industry and includes a salary that will be based on experience, a comprehensive benefits package, a company matched pension plan, a vehicle allowance and an attractive annual bonus based on a combination of personal and company performance.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter that illustrates how your experience meets the requirements listed above at 83 Botsford St, Suite 103, Moncton, NB or click the Apply Now button by Thursday February 28th, 2019.
All applications will be treated in confidence. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.