Survey Project Coordinator
WSP in Oakville, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Coordinator/ Articling Land Surveyor to join our Geomatics department, located at our Oakville, ON office. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting Project Managers, Land Surveyors and Geomatics Professionals in project delivery across our varied portfolio. You will be challenged on a daily basis and will get to feel the satisfaction of providing a level of work and expertise which is truly valued by both your peers and our clients.
- Coordinate field work with field staff including task briefing, logistics, technical and safety
- Support field staff to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Review and formatting of various field data and distribution to project team in a timely manner
- Ensure project quality by providing review and checking of survey plans, drawings, and deliverables
- Maintain knowledge of current survey standards and legislation and communicate to field and office staff as required
- Perform survey research and extract information from land titles, land documents, and survey plans for field and office
- Support project managers with various survey and project reports
- Maintain meeting minutes and logs for projects on daily/weekly basis as required
- Review and prepare deliverables for projects as required
- Liaison between field staff and project manager as required
- Post-secondary education in an accredited Geomatics program or significant previous cadastral experience
- Knowledge of regulations, statutes and codes governing legal surveying in Ontario
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience with MS Project, Global Mapper, ArcGIS, and Trimble Business Center an asset
- Knowledge of engineering & survey principles, practices and procedures including digital terrain modelling
- Cadastral and topographic field survey experience in Ontario is considered an asset
- Plan preparation and checking experience in Ontario is considered an asset
- Commitment to outstanding service quality;
- 2+ years' experience in a project coordination capacity in Surveying industry
- Good initiative, attention to detail and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, communication skills, and a commitment to promoting strong communication amongst other office locations within WSP
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.