Solution Design Consultant: Java, Microservices
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You'll contribute to CIBC's Digital transformation by successfully delivering complex, enterprise-scale mobile projects involving multiple back-end systems. As a Solution Design Consultant, you will be joining CIBC's ECIF team within the Remote Banking and Shared Services department and be responsible for the functional design and architecture of the application systems, across all technologies and platforms. As you lead the planning and strategy for the technical design, development, and integration of these applications, you'll help build the future of banking.
How You'll Succeed
- Design & Develop: Perform and coordinate complex application programming activities: Translate user requirements to process and data requirements, design application's technical infrastructure: specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches. Lead the design and development of cost-effective and innovative solutions to meet business objectives while also maintaining existing applications.
- Technology Roadmap: Develop 1-3 year technology roadmaps for enterprise applications which align with overall vision & strategy. Spearhead multiple complex projects involving backend systems, new technology and innovation and enhancing existing applications.
- Strong Leadership: Act as the development team lead and interface with the project team including leading code-review sessions to ensure overall code quality aligns with business and project requirements. Support and mentor intermediate and senior developers through knowledge sharing, collaboration and effective problem solving.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in: 5 years of hands-on experience as a Solution Designer, or in a similar role. You have extensive experience with APIs and microservices. You have practical working knowledge of Rational Unified Process, Agile Software Development, SOA Design Patterns, Java/Java EE, JMS, SOA, Web Services, Oracle Weblogic, and Oracle DB. Ideally, you have consulting experience to understand approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients and partners. You have strong verbal and written communication skills as you will be required to effectively interact with stakeholders, end users, business analysts and technical resources to gather requirements and prepare design specifications. Previous experience within a financial institution would be considered a strong asset.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of a team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit