Project Manager/Construction Manager
WSP in Montreal, QC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
MONTREAL, QUEBEC, GATINEAU OR CHICOUTIMI
WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager/Construction Manager to join our Telecommunciations team, located at our Montreal,Quebec,Gatineau or Chicoutimi office.
- Management of projects/assignments for Private & Public sector Clients;
- Working directly with telecommunications Client, contractors (engineering/riggers/etc.) & technical resources (internal/external Clients);
- Project/program planning & budget estimating/reporting Active with site selection, tower audits & assessments;
- Reading/understanding construction drawings & specifications;
- Reviewing drawings to propose & verify tower/rooftop technical loading & structural components;
- Preparing (create/issue/review/award) tender documents, writing of documents informing contractors of obligations;
- Establishing construction schedules & coordination of resources to meet time/cost/quality objectives;
- Team meeting project planning, project status reporting & respective database inputs;
- Continual communication needs, setting expectations, delegation & status reporting;
- Project demands can be intense with continual challenges & high expectations for delivery;
- Travel to various sites across the region, often & can be extensive dependant on geographical area assigned;
- Other work requirements as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or in Project Management or equivalent training/experience;
- A mininum of 1 to 3 years experience in a position related to this role;
- Possess a valid OIQ licensed or PMP Certification would be an asset;
- Telecommunications background (towers/cellular network technology/antennas/etc. experience);
- Valid drivers licence & willing to travel;
- Bondable (no criminal record).
- Experience with commercial & institutional Clients is an asset;
- Must be comfortable with overall Project accountability;
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills in both English and French;
- Good computing skills and knowledge of MS Project and MS Office softwares;
- Organization skills to prioritize & manage diverse workload;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative & detail orientated;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.