CAD Technologist - Bridges
WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking CAD Technologists at both Lead- and Intermediate-levels, to join our Bridges group located in our Vancouver, BC office. Reporting to the CAD Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects including multi-disciplinary design-bid build and alternative-delivery projects, which allows you to develop your experience on coordinating with project managers and design engineers. This includes preparation of preliminary and detailed design drawings, checking of structural drawings, calculations of structural quantities, review of shop drawings, and participation in structural inspections, technical documentation, and other related activities.
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed design of new bridges, culverts and retaining walls, and rehabilitation of existing structures;
- Conduct quality control checks of design drawings;
- Prepare sketches for CAD staff;
- Prepare quantity and cost estimates;
- Prepare technical construction specifications; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma from a Technician or Technologist program in Structural, Civil or Transportation Engineering;
- 10+ years (Lead) / 6+ years (Intermediate) of experience using AutoCAD, preferably in a consulting/design environment;
- Extensive experience with highway, rail and pedestrian bridges, retaining walls and other civil structures;
- Working knowledge of British Columbia Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, City of Vancouver, and other local municipality bridge drafting standards;
- Working experience in Civil 3D, 3D modeling, and Revit is an asset;
- Working experience in Microstation is an asset;
- Ability to work on several projects at a time with multiple design teams;
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team as an enthusiastic team player;
- Excellent technical, interpersonal and teamwork skills; and
- Strong oral and written communication abilities essential.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.