Opportunity for International Security Control Specialist
JDI Logistics in Saint John, NB
JDI Logistics is a global provider of third party logistics, warehousing and distribution, load brokerage, and intermodal marketing. We focus on offering solutions for the most complex and challenging material movements, utilizing a lean and efficient process model. From singular freight solutions to large supply chain management, JDI Logistics can integrate and manage a wide array of logistics services in both the United States and Canada.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of International Security Control Specialist, to join our dynamic team with the primary focus on delivering superior value and performance to our customer. This role can be based in Saint John, NB or Halifax, NS.
- Developing logistics strategy for transportation of controlled goods
- Review all security components for goods coming in to the country
- Create steps to ensure is compliance is met for all Canadian Security standards
- Build a thorough knowledge of standards and regulations for controlled goods
- Maintain excellent internal relationships, understand who to go to in order to gather relevant information and ensure that good relations are kept with key individuals
- Ensure that proper steps are taken by all individuals participating in the receiving of goods
- Validating the supply chain process is secure to receive all goods
- 10 years' experience international supply chain management
- Excellent knowledge of requirements for Canadian standards in receiving controlled goods
- Problem Solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Thrives in a fast-pace environment
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
JDI Logistics is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.