ILS Provisioning Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
ILS PROVISIONING SPECIALIST
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
ILS - Supply Provisioning Specialist
We are looking for a qualified Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Supply Provisioning Specialist to be based out of Halifax. The Supply Provisioning Specialist will guide provisioning activities to establish cost effective range and depth of spares to AOPS support mission requirements
This is a permanent full-time staff role based in Halifax NS.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan Initial Provisioning Conferences (IPCs) including the analysis of contractual commitments, customer specifications, design changes and other data.
- Work with the ILS Contract Manager to schedule and Coordinate IPCs with DND and suppliers
- Chair and run IPCs
- Validate spare parts lists including all required catalogue data
- Validate spares costs against established cost and technical budgets
Requirements, Knowledge & Skills
- Strong technical skills to assimilate and interpret information in the context of spares buys
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills. The preferred candidate should have the communication skills to instill confidence from stakeholders such as DND, Engineering and Supply Chain.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g. Business)
- Purchasing Designation (eg SCMP, MCIPS, ISM) will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with D-01-100-214/SF-000 or similar provisioning standards an asset.
- Ability to travel
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances.
- Experience with DND IPCs would be considered an asset.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For further details, please contact Tracey MacCharles at: MacCharles.Tracey@jdirving.com
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.