Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That's what's most important to us. We're building a special organization that's purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career in Tax at Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of tax and financial services
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative debate and discussion
As a Manager, Tax some of your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Managing and reviewing corporate tax planning and compliance engagements
- Advising our privately held business clients in a wide variety of tax matters including personal planning and succession and estate planning.
- Improving on the financial operation of the practice by developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients from a variety of disciplines
- Playing a leadership role in the business unit, service line, community and firm by actively contributing to the development and execution of the office business plan
- Sharing knowledge for the development and implementation of strategy to build the business
- Contributing to new business development by understanding Grant Thornton and its service lines, as well as utilizing your credibility in the field
- Participating in the coaching and performance management process of the practice by conducting timely performance reviews, providing ongoing feedback and training to develop junior team members
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens.
Think you've got what it takes to be a Manager, Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in public accounting or professional services.
- Completion or currently working through the CICA In-depth tax program
- Proactively grows the firm through differentiating the Grant Thornton brand in the marketplace by supporting/driving business development and client service activities
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Demonstrate a passion for developing and bringing out the best in others
- Accepts personal responsibility for the success of self, team and firm
- Handles change or ambiguity positively
- Identifies opportunities for self, team or Grant Thornton proactively
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and navigate complex information and data quickly
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.