Analyst, Domestic Tax
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That's what's most important to us. We're building a special organization that's purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career in Tax Services with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of accounting and financial services
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
- Be part of a fast growing environment with well-respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative effort and discussion
- Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects
As an Analyst, Domestic Tax your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with tax and assurance teammates to deliver income tax compliance services to our clients located in or doing business in Canada
- Assist team members preparing corporate reorganizations with research and planning matters as required
- Help to proactively resolve tax related issues with clients and other staff members through direct contact with them and researching and drafting responses
- Providing exceptional client service
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens.
Think you've got what it takes to be an Analyst, Domestic Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
- Recent university or college graduate enrolled in, or willingness to potentially, enroll in the CICA In-Depth Tax program
- Have a keen interest and desire to work in Canadian corporate tax
- Demonstrated analytical skills and aptitude for detailed technical work
- Aptitude for developing novel solutions to otherwise complex problems
- Being an articulate, inspiring and versatile communicator to our clients and our people
- Strong commitment to excellence and a focus on exceptional client service
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.