Area Sales Manager - GTAA
CIBC in Mississauga, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You will be part of the Mobile Advice team reporting to the Senior Director, Mobile Financial Sales Specialists. You will be responsible for developing and driving sales direction and providing leadership and guidance to the Mobile Sales Specialists. You will lead the development and execution of credit card sales strategies to support the achievement of Personal and Business Banking's business goals and objectives, and the advancement of CIBC's credit card market share through the delivery of an outstanding client and employee experience.
How You'll Succeed
Sales Leadership - As the Area Sales Manager, you will work with a team of professional sales specialists to generate sales strategies and activities to assist in meeting and exceeding short and long-term sales targets, financial and strategic objectives, and revenue and profit growth. Lead sales management meetings to provide updates, proactively identify needs and gather information of planned business changes that may impact your team.
People Management - Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to sales teams to ensure maximum sales effectiveness across multiple locations to drive credit card growth through exceptional client engagement. Motivate the team through reward and recognition to cultivate a performance-oriented culture. Lead the team to deliver consistent results, ensuring that we leverage the full capabilities of CIBC and that the highest standards of client and credit management are employed.
Relationship Management - Develop and manage strong relationships with CIBC senior management within the business and partners within Banking Centres and across the bank. Act as a subject matter expert on sales strategies, best practices, industry standards and benchmarks relative to credit card sales. Develop a thorough understanding of the partners / channels and remain current with business changes to provide recommendations to enhance sales results and effectively lead the team to adapt to changing environments
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in coaching and leading large sales team to achieve sales performance targets, service level metrics, financial results and other performance data. You have minimum 5 year experience working in direct sales environment .
- You are a bold and accountable leader. You're passionate about developing and growing team members capabilities. You have experience providing coaching and hands on support to meet team goals.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. Schedule flexibility is required; the Area Sales Manager must be able to flex schedule to accommodate varying employee shifts. This may require occasional or regular evening and week-end hours.
- This role operates primarily onsite at airport location.