Senior Manager, Anti-Money Laundering Investigations
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You will be part of the AML Investigations team where you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a group of investigators and managers within AML Investigations, ensuring CIBC complies with applicable legislation related to transaction reporting providing guidance to the team that is in line with regulatory requirements and internal CIBC policies and procedures and interacting with management and staff in CIBC business units and within the AML Group with respect to AML related investigative activities.
How You'll Succeed
- People Management - provide subject matter expertise to a group of investigators and managers within the Enterprise AML Group regarding unusual transactions or events that may be related to money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Oversight - Oversee the Transaction Monitoring System ("TMS") ensuring compliance with applicable legislation related to transaction reporting.
- Leadership - provide leadership and effective management of business unit staff to influence employee commitment to the organization, to the team.
Who You Are
- Leadership. You have strong team management skills and proven leadership ability.
- You can demonstrate experience in anti-money laundering or in a related field
- Detail Oriented. You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- Agile/Adaptable. You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Influencer. Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- Passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- Collaborative: You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.