Analyst or Associate, Wealth Solutions Group
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
The Capital Markets arm of CIBC provides corporate, government and institutional clients with innovative solutions to help them raise capital, and grow and invest actively throughout North America and key financial centres around the world. To deliver on its vision to be our clients' preferred capital markets banking partner across multiple products and services, both in Canada and where our core competencies can be exported. The Capital Markets mission is to bring Canadian Capital Markets products to Canada and the rest of the world, and also bring the world to Canada.
The Wealth Solutions Group supports the distribution of Fixed Income, Money Market, Foreign Exchange and Structured Notes and Market-linked GICs to CIBC's Wood Gundy Investment Advisors, Retail Bank financial advisors and Third-party Advisors. The successful candidate will be primarily focused on the marketing of our Market Linked GICs and Structured Notes through our internal financial advisor distribution networks.
How You'll Succeed
- Relationship Building - Work closely with marketers and traders to develop appropriate solutions and timely execution. Liaising with other CIBC infrastructure groups (ISG, credit, treasury, tax, legal, client onboarding, etc) and resources, as appropriate, to deliver transactions. On your own initiative, develop product knowledge through directed or self-directed study. Be prepared to cross train when the appropriate time arises, as suggested by management. Share any developed skills, knowledge, ideas with management and other members of the Wealth Solutions Group. Attend learning sessions held by the Trading Room as required.
- Client Focus - Determine and provide product / rate information to our clients in a timely manner with exemplary service. Initiating and developing clients including outbound and follow up calls, value-add idea generation, client meetings/presentations and customized solutions providing trusted advice. Cross-sell other products, depending on product availability and customers' requirements, rate sensitivity, at all times making sound judgment. Monitor/track and analyze market activities, economic factors, on an ongoing basis throughout the day to be in a position to respond to client requests.
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- Education. Undergraduate University degree; Commerce, Finance or Engineering preferred, with at least 3 years of similar / relevant business experience required. Completion of Canadian Securities Course required. (CFA considered an asset).
- Industry Experience. Knowledge of current financial markets required with solid understanding of current market transactions. Able to very quickly acquire knowledge, to demonstrate competence and to add value to transactions and client relationships. Significant presentation skills sufficient to clearly articulate complex conceptual information/ideas on issues involving extensive interpretation and opinion. Proven ability to develop viable product ideas and to lead product development process from idea generation through to closing.
- Communication Skills. Excellent communication and written skills in English (French considered an asset). Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills in order to develop, manage and leverage relationships with clients, internal and/or external business partners. Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written, sufficient to convey complex factual and conceptual information on issues requiring detailed explanation and interpretation.
- Technical Skills. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint ,etc.)
- Detail Oriented. Efficient organizational and project management skills to respond to shifting priorities on several simultaneous initiatives, including roll-out of complex marketing plans for a territory.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- Often required to work beyond normal business hours.
- Required to make frequent decisions in a fast paced work environment.