CSC Deputy Project Director, WD/International
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
CSC DEPUTY PROJECT DIRECTOR, WD/International
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
This is a permanent full-time staff role based in Halifax, NS.
- Serve as the primary point of contract between ISI Project Management and the Combat Systems Integrator
- Provide overall accountability for Subcontractor performance and relationship
- Serve as the lead interface between ISI Project Management and the ISI Combat Systems team
- Work alongside the CSC project leadership team to align the various functional teams that come together to deliver the CSC Project
- Manage and monitor assigned areas of the project to ensure their completion within budget, to schedule and in compliance with the project and quality requirements
- Supervise their section of the project management organization to ensure all aspects of the work are progressing satisfactorily
- Support development and implementation of program strategy and plans
- Manage assigned deliverables including Definition Contract plans and reports including review of subcontractor deliverables
- Conduct and convene progress meetings internally including production of progress reports
- Support the development of processes and procedures related to CSC project management
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams in support of development of the CSC design
- Participate in negotiations with vendors
- Support change management associated with CSC project management area of responsibility
- Address risk items relating to the CSC Project including identification and risk mitigation planning
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and proactive behavior within the Project Management Team
- Be a role model for professional behavior
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree
- Masters of Business Administration preferred
- Minimum of 15 years' experience working in naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, or other large military procurement program
- Proven ability to lead a team to achieve high performance levels in a complex fast-moving environment
- Ability to manage through teamwork and influence
- Knowledge of working with a Government and Naval customer base
- Knowledge of risk management processes and principles
- Strong personal time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in English, both orally and in writing
- Experience managing large design related subcontractor organizations to deliver products on budget and schedule
- Experience with design and construction projects involving international partnerships
- Experience defining, managing, verifying, and validating vessel requirements
- Experience preparing processes, plans, and reports
- Experience working with scheduling software such as Primavera P6
- Experience working with project reporting software such as Ecosys
- Experience working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) work structure
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Kristen Drapeau at: Drapeau.Kristen@irvingshipbuilding.com
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.