Pharmacy Manager - 12 month term - #8262 Sobeys Caraquet
Sobeys Inc. in Caraquet, NB
Requisition ID: 49217
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: National Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: New Brunswick (CA-NB)
Location: 8262 Caraquet Sobeys
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
During a 12 month term, the Pharmacy Manager will support the strategic direction and vision of the Sobeys Pharmacy store. Responsibilities include coaching and developing the pharmacy team to provide superior customer service and shopping experiences. As the Pharmacy Manager you will participate in professional programs and collaborate with colleagues within the Pharmacy to provide excellence in health & wellness services to all patients. Actively contribute to a positive and productive working environment.
- Provide leadership skills, superior judgement, decision making and commitment to pharmacy team
- Create a coaching and development culture for all pharmacy employees which embraces a passion for health and wellness
- Oversee pharmacy talent management including succession planning, orientation and training, performance management and compensation
- Ensure the communication of operational requirements/changes and store vision to all employees
- Responsible to adequately staff the pharmacy at all times through effective and flexible scheduling
- Responsible to ensure efficient operation of the business to achieve all financial targets and deliver on budgeted Key Performance Indicators
- Manage pharmacy expenses, review and provide feedback to Store Manager on expenses, sales and profitability
- Work in collaboration with the Store Manager to identify and capitalize on opportunities within store/market
- Exceeds customer expectations through ROLES efficiencies
- Acknowledge customers promptly and professionally
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion towards the customer
- Provide superior customer service to every customer
- Role model, coach, and reinforce customer service expectations on a daily basis for all staff
- Create a shopping experience that engages your customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales, and profit
- Understand and respond to local market needs and competition
Patient Focused Care
- Focus is on clinical services (i.e. disease state management, medication reviews, health risk assessments)
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available.
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Monitor medication adherence
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking the medication
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Responsible for understanding all PROfile offerings and providing each customer with the program that meets their health needs including but not limited to:
- Pill Pack Plus
- Diabetes Care in Action
- Autofill Plus
- Health Inform
- Kids Club
- Responsible for ensuring that OH&S, and other regulatory requirements and procedures, are implemented and maintained
- Other duties as required
- Above average communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Injection Certification
- Previous management experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.