CIBC in Toronto, ON
Life at CIBC is about not only what you do, but how you do it. Our team shares a strong client-first culture, a commitment to people and communities, and a drive for excellence in everything that we do. We're on a mission to build the bank of the future, and we're looking for passionate advisors, innovators, collaborators, and leaders to join us.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
As a Director, Quality Assurance you will join CIBC's Personal & Small Business Technology (PSBT) department and will be responsible for supporting, managing and governing the delivery of QMO, Test Automation, Test Data, Performance Testing (PTE) and Test Environment functional services for Banking Center applications that includes: Pega, Compass, CBFE, CI/DI, CRM, DGP (Microsoft Azure), eSignature, Horizon, Smart, Service Commitment and Branch Desktop Platform (BDP).
How You'll Succeed
- Strategic Development & Execution: Direct, manage and deliver all aspects of QA and QC for large, complex, mission critical application projects. Identify the drivers, strategies and needs of the technology solution and the QA delivery strategy to support those projects. Facilitate smooth workflow of the department; ensure high standards and quality of technical work. Direct reviews of requirements, tools and technologies for improving quality and reducing costs. Establish, monitor and adhere to budget for your respective area.
- Relationship Management: Manage relationships with delivery areas and business partners; interface and maintain communications, monitor business and technology developments and provide on-time response and support. Proactively manage offshore vendor relationships for project resources to ensure effective utilization.
- Strong Leadership: Be a bold and authentic leader who is passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. Direct, motivate, develop and manage performance of the management team and key staff.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in: 5 years of QA and/or Development Management experience, ideally within a financial institution. You have proven experience forming, building and managing effective teams in a matrix fulltime/onshore/offshore model. You have experience managing an operating budget of approximately $1-2 million, and a capital budget of approximately $3-5 million. You have strong knowledge of evaluating new or enhanced QA systems, software packages and software tools to ensure adherence to functionality and quality requirements. You have a strong understanding of test automation, as well as the entire testing process and methodologies. It's an advantage if: you have the ability to make judgments regarding the ongoing viability of a test phase or strategy based on ability to deliver upon agreed functionality within approved budget and schedule.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best. You empower and enable your team to make continuous improvement, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of a team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We also seek applicants possessing a wide range of abilities and are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit