Senior Consultant, HNW Advisor Training %26 Practice Management (GTA West, Ontario SW and Central Canada)
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
Canadian Commercial Banking and Wealth Management provides high-touch, relationship-oriented commercial and private banking, as well as wealth management services to meet the needs of middle-market companies, entrepreneurs, high-net-worth (HNW) individuals and families, along with institutional clients across Canada
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
As a Senior Practice Management Consultant, you will act as a performance coach and consultant to Private Wealth Management front line staff including CIBC Wood Gundy Investment Advisors (IAs), Private Banking Advisors, Senior Trust & Estate Consultants, CIBC Private Investment Counsellors, Branch Managers and the Private Wealth Management regional leadership team in developing and executing Optimal Practice Management strategies and implementing the CIBC integrated offer.
Ultimately the Practice Management Consultant is responsible for coaching select advisors in all Private Wealth Management lines of business to encourage execution of the integrated offer with our high net worth clients. In addition, they will work with IAs and Branch Managers to help IAs build businesses that have superior growth, are efficiently run, are delivering a best-in-class client experience through integrated wealth management, and are upholding the strong brand of CIBC Private Wealth Management.
In addition to field-based coaching, where the Practice Management Consultant will be accountable for measured results, the incumbent will also be engaged and responsible for research, opportunity assessment/ measurement, content development and program execution related to the Practice Management Framework and Integrated Wealth Management.
How You'll Succeed
- Be a seasoned advisor in CIBC's Practice Management approaches and methodologies
- Have a thorough understanding of the Integrated offer in order help coordinate the teams working together more effectively.
- Work with IAs and their teams to evaluate their current business, and identify existing opportunities for improved business growth, more integration of Private Wealth partners, efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Coach IAs and Private Banking Advisors to improved performance by implementing best practices, and Optimal Practice Management strategies.
- Support the development of effective practice management solutions to help build high performing teams, streamline and scale business processes and assist Advisors in developing deeper, long-term relationships with their clients.
- Facilitate strategic and tactical business planning amongst IAs and their teams.
- Ensure IAs are upholding and being consistent with the brand of Wood Gundy.
- Understand Private Wealth Management's business strategy and assist in its execution amongst IAs, Private Banking Advisors, BMs, and the Regional leadership team.
- Work in collaboration with the Executive Director, Practice Management and the Regional and Branch Leadership teams to implement programs and tools to support the goals of the team.
- Contribute to the development of programs, content and tools to support Optimal Practice Management and the CIBC integrated offer.
- By working with the Executive Director, Practice Management, contribute (surfacing feedback, observations and suggestions) to the strategic direction of Practice Management and HNW Advisor Training CIBC Private Wealth Management at large.
- Working with the Executive Director, HNW Advisor Training & Practice Management and Training & Development to explore innovative ways to deliver content and develop tools.
Who You Are
- You have experience. You have highly developed knowledge of the wealth management business, including the integrated wealth management approach, with 8 to 10 years of experience in the industry. You have experience working with advisors, and regional/branch leadership teams in a coaching or consulting capacity. You have well-developed knowledge of practice management solutions at a tactical level as it relates to the retail brokerage and wealth management business.
- You are Relationship-Focused. You have extremely strong relationship management skills and superior communication, facilitation and presentation skills. You also have well-developed influencing skills with strong business acumen.
- You are Analytical. You have the ability to collect information, analyze data, identify root cause, and suggest solutions. You apply strong analytical/conceptual skills and knowledge in creative ways to solve general or ambiguous business issues, challenges and problems.
- You are Results-Driven. You possess the ability to identify, measure and present business opportunities and implement successful strategies to capitalize on them.
- You are Strategic. You have the ability to work at a strategic level, which requires awareness of business issues, processes, and outcomes as they impact CIBC Private Wealth Management, our Wood Gundy IAs, Private Banking, Trust, Private Investment Counsel and our clients.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This Regional Senior Practice Management Consultant role is field-based, and will be required to operate in a self-directed manner. Extensive travel (approximately 50-60%) will be required within a regional territory and to national events.