Business Consultant, Operational and Process Efficiency (12months temporary assignment)
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You'll be accountable for providing advice and coordinate activities for management and designated internal clients, by identifying and executing on initiatives, programs and projects, directly resulting in improvements for the channels supported by National Sales and Support (e.g. Mobile Advice and Retail Distribution channels). You'll focus on various strategic and tactical initiatives and apply Process Improvement, Project Management and Change Management methodologies, resulting in improvements to business processes, customer experience and operating efficiencies. You'll be a Subject Matter Expert and participate in and/or facilitate internal/external client meetings at various levels.
How You'll Succeed
- Project Management - Participate in projects as a Subject Matter Expert and provide input into the development and implementation of programs designed to improve end-to-end processes or technology.
- Relationship Management - Partner with Subject Matter Experts to incorporate business process improvement and business change best practices into daily activities/routines. Create strategic partnerships with Front-line, Risk, Product, and other business partners.
- Analytical & Technical Support - Research opportunities to deliver an improved sales customer experience. Active participation in the channel strategy and roadmap development and execution. Monitor the performance of processes/services to ensure efficiency, cost-effectiveness and profitability. Identify deficiencies to develop and implement enhancements/improvements.
Who You Are
- You have a degree/diploma in Engineering, Business, Information Systems, Accounting and/or equivalent work experience.
- You can demonstrate experience in technology and business process troubleshooting. Understand the needs and issues of Retail and Business Banking businesses, products and functions. Minimum 3 years' experience with Process Improvement Methodologies, such as Six Sigma and Lean concepts. Knowledge of customer segmentation strategies and implications for our customer, employee experience and profitability. Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational, operational or process problems.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- Values matter to you . You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.