Associate, Commercial Banking (Mid-Market)
CIBC in Ottawa, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
For more than a century, CIBC Commercial Banking has been helping businesses reach their full potential. As an Associate, Commercial Banking, you can begin preparing to build a challenging and rewarding career as a world-class Commercial Banker and strategic partner to some of Canada's leading companies, who will be committed to delivering on flexible business solutions, dedicated business expertise and timely business advice to help clients realize their goals.
As an Associate, you will join CIBC's Commercial Banking team to provide support to account teams through client acquisition, relationship management and credit management processes as well as providing transactional support for client specific financing solutions.
This is a development role for the Commercial Banking Line of Business providing an opportunity to learn the products, processes, networks and functions to enable and equip the candidate to eventually progress to the Relationship Manager role.
How You'll Succeed
- Business Development Support - Assist Managers, Commercial Banking in coordinating activities through the sales cycle and liaising with other units of CIBC as necessary. Assist with the execution of business development initiatives through contribution to the achievement of growth targets by identifying business opportunities and developing financing solutions to meet the needs of the client.
- Research & Analysis - Assist in analyzing business growth opportunities through comprehensive industry, client and prospect research. Prepare analyses in support of credit submissions including structuring and documentation
- Client Service - Proactively assess our clients' needs and propose solutions to deliver to meet those needs. Interact with assigned clients as required to facilitate prompt response to questions, enquiries or issues in order to provide "best in class" service. Apply acquired industry/company knowledge to the development of client/prospect proposals for financial and strategic solutions to meet client needs.
Who You Are
- You have a Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- You are a team player and have the ability to work well within a group setting. Must have the ability to work on teams that generate ideas and implement solutions for clients.
- You put our clients first. You have strong client and relationship management skills. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions.
- You have a solid understanding of financial statements and accounting principles including valuation techniques and cash flow analysis. Knowledge of commercial banking products and service offerings is an asset.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact. You have strong client and relationship management skills, and can demonstrate an aptitude for business development (sales) skills.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- Due to the nature of the role, you are expected to remain a minimum of 24 months in the role before you may be eligible for other job opportunities within the organization.
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. You may have to work flexible hours to meet client and team requirements.