Executive Assistant, Commercial Banking
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
As the Executive Assistant, you'll provide day-to-day administrative support to the Senior Vice-President & Head, Commercial Banking. Responsibilities may also include the ongoing administrative management for the Commercial Banking team, providing support to the teams and ensuring timely and effective delivery of services and assigned projects.
How You'll Succeed
- Professional Support: Prepare standard correspondence, minutes, reports and presentations frequently of a confidential, strategic and/or specialized nature ensuring completed material is produced in a timely manner. Assist with the preparation of presentations and management reporting.
Calendar Management: Maintain and monitor the Executive's calendars of scheduled appointments, upcoming events and matters requiring immediate attention. Coordinate agendas, and send meeting invitations and agendas to attendees, book meeting rooms and arrange for IT resources and refreshments in support of a smooth and efficient meeting facilitation.
Travel Arrangement & Expense Reporting: Arrange travel arrangements and maintain travel expense account including expense submissions to PeopleSoft on behalf of the Executives. Arranges group travel as necessary. Monitor and track all department invoices and expenses including contracts; Process expense reports/invoices and update financial reports when required.
Administrative Duties : Provide ongoing administrative support such as; assisting with onboarding/off boarding activities for new and departing employees which include processing requests for technology requirements, business cards, corporate cards, expense and travel profiles etc.
Who You Are
- You know CIBC. You have extensive working knowledge of CIBC's business activities, organization structure, and executive personnel.
You're an experienced administrative professional . You have at least 3-5 years of experience as an Executive Assistant in a highly professional, confidential and fast-paced environment.
You're a strong communicator . You have e xcellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals in a wide range of situations, which usually requires tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
You're digitally proficient . You have strong command of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Detail Oriented . You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.