Kent Homes in Bouctouche, NB
Kent Homes is Atlantic Canada's largest provider of homes and modular space solutions. We've been building quality structures since 1958 as part of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of businesses. Kent Homes Limited consists of 3 distinct business units: Kent Commercial, Kent Mobile Shelters, and the residential home division entitled Kent Homes. Located in Bouctouche, New Brunswick, we build top quality homes and offices year round.
Kent Homes is accepting applications for a Draftsperson. This position is a contract, up to 18 months.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position will be responsible for the design and release and/or support the release of production drawing packages for all products, which includes all homes designs, fleet units and commercial projects, as well as providing technical support for all departments and customers.
- Education Required: Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering Technologist or Mechanical Engineering Technologist
- Years of Experience Required:
- 2-5 experience in architectural drafting
- Prior experience in a Manufacturing environment and/or construction industry will be considered an asset
- Strong skills in 3D CAD software; any experience with Revit software, will be considered a strong asset
- Experience in Mitek (Trusses Design) would be considered an asset
- Experience in Chief Architecture software would be considered an asset
- Comfortable with MS Office Suite of products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
- Interfacing with other departments, professionals and clients at an early stage to agree on path forward ensuring a smooth release of Engineering Designs
- Understanding how the design aspects of an order and/or project can influence and relate to performance and functional issues in production
- Evaluating and advising on environmental, legal and regulatory issues
- Supporting Residential and Commercial bid packages
- Leading the detailed design process and coordinating design information (BIM using Revit)
- Producing, analyzing and advising on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used
- Release of assembly drawings, associated bill of material and support component release to ensure all design information is available to all internal and external customers
- Advance the performance of the Engineering Team by challenging the status quo and act as a change agent for continuous improvements
- Support Engineering Daily Management System with accurate workflow information (Jira)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Homes Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.