Senior Analyst, Tax
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That's what's most important to us. We're building a special organization that's purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career in Tax Services with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of accounting and financial services
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
- Be part of a fast growing environment with well-respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative effort and discussion
- Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects
As a Senior Analyst in our Tax Practice your responsibilities will include:
- Provide exceptional tax solutions to aid our clients in achieving tax savings
- Review corporate tax provisions and compliance engagements
- Assist with planning corporate reorganizations
- Prepare corporate reorganizations including all elections and drafting of instructions as required
- Proactively resolve tax related issues with clients and other staff members through direct contact with them and researching and drafting responses
- Analyze, review and complete corporate and personal income tax returns
- Identify and develop new opportunities for additional tax services
- Provide exceptional client service
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens.
Think you've got what it takes to be a Senior Analyst? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
- Completed the CFE in the last two years
- At least 2 years of experience in public practice
- Experience in corporate and personal tax compliance
- Commitment to providing exceptional client service
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.