Analyst or Associate, Financials and Public Sector, Corporate Banking
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
The Capital Markets arm of CIBC provides corporate, government and institutional clients with innovative solutions to help them raise capital, and grow and invest actively throughout North America and key financial centres around the world. To deliver on its vision to be our clients' preferred capital markets banking partner across multiple products and services, both in Canada and where our core competencies can be exported. The Capital Markets mission is to bring Canadian Capital Markets products to Canada and the rest of the world, and also bring the world to Canada.
The Analyst or Associate provides a broad range of analytical and research support to all professionals within the Financials & Public Sector - Trading Credit, Corporate Banking, Capital Markets (FPS-TC)team. The Toronto FPS-TC team manages the trading credit relationships for a portfolio of complex, demanding, and high profile accounts in the financial institutions industry throughout the Americas.
How You'll Succeed
- Provides a broad range of analytical and research support to all the professionals within the FPS-TC team and supports a wide range of clients.
- Completes specific tasks including financial statement and data analysis, financial modeling and industry research.
- Builds and maintains relationships with CIBC Global Markets marketers/traders and partners in Risk Management, and responds quickly to requests for credit facilities from the trading floor.
- Assists in the on-going monitoring of credit quality and global credit exposure of the portfolio by remaining current with counterparty's financial condition, industry and economic trends.
- Appropriately identifies any relevant changes in the financial condition/business of a client.
- Assists with due diligence activities and supports senior bankers with regard to activities of many parties, including Legal and Documentation.
- Provides sound, timely, and well-communicated recommendations for credit facilities supported by a thorough analysis and well-executed interpretation of relevant financial, industry, business, and market information.
- Develops client relationships through the on-boarding of new clients, management of interim credit amendments, negotiation of trading documentation, and the preparation of annual credit reviews.
- Ensures that the portfolio meets with appropriate risk management guidelines and remains current with the changing methodologies.
Who You Are
- Analyst: Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics or another complementary business industry discipline.
- Associate: MBA, CFA or other relevant professional designation preferred
- Broad working knowledge of derivatives and other trading floor products preferred
- Understanding of the credit risks associated with trading floor business products preferred
- Solid understanding of specific industry, including fundamental market factors, and capital markets activity and influences
- Sophisticated analytical skills including extensive experience in analyzing financial statements in order to assess credit risks
- Ability to research and monitor large volumes of information from various sources, gather data and perform analyses on an ongoing basis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate complex concepts and financial data to senior management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to deal with multiple and sometimes conflicting demands and time constraints. Excellent adaptability and flexibility to deal with a rapidly changing environment
- Well-developed problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong Excel skills are a must
- Financial modeling experience is a plus
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- Often required to work beyond normal business hours.
- Required to make frequent decisions in a fast paced work environment