Senior Product Manager
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
The Senior Product Manager / Product Owner will be responsible for optimizing the brokerage web site and mobile experience for CIBC Investor's Edge clients. Utilizing your knowledge and experience working in both Agile and Waterfall delivery environments, combined with your knowledge and passion for direct investing / trading and creating exceptional client experiences, you will be leading, initiating, and seeing through to completion changes to our client facing online products.
How You'll Succeed
Planning & Implementation - Own the product backlog, ensuring the backlog is prioritized, cleaned and refined. Work with stakeholders to plan releases that are aligned with overall corporate goals. Write, modify and validate user stories. Be an active Scrum team member for key day-to-day activities, such as UAT, clarifying requirements, sharing the business value around features and participating in all Scrum events. Provide post-release education via demos, release notes and other documentation. Work with development, QA, security, operations, and data teams to drive delivery of releases
Strategic & Innovative Thinking - Own / drive / present the product vision & roadmap to ensure the company and clients' needs are addressed. Assess the impact of delivered features in achieving their desired goals. Decide what to build and what not to build, translating the strategic plan into tactical execution
Client Focus - The ability to empathize and understand the needs of a wide variety of clients, and apply that knowledge in day to day tasks, roadmap decision making, and product backlog prioritization
Collaboration and Improvement - Regularly participate & encourage continuous improvement of how the team works and collaborates
Relationship Building - Be the face of the team, interact and communicate with Senior Management and Executives to keep them informed or seek guidance when required. Work with product vendors and manage vendor relationships ensuring quality deliverables.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit