Senior Compliance Officer - Insurance
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
Risk Management is accountable on matters relating to the independent oversight of the management of risks inherent to CIBC's activities. The Compliance Department provides timely and proactive advice and independent oversight of CIBC's compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. Together with the businesses, the Compliance Department works to manage and mitigate regulatory risk. You will work in a highly regulated environment and provide specialized expertise, advice, independent monitoring and oversight regarding the CIBC Insurance Division including CIBC Life Insurance Company Limited and CIBC Insurance Agency Inc. portfolio. You will also provide Compliance support to the other Personal and Small Business Banking (PSBB) areas the Senior Director has responsibility for including the Lending and Small Business portfolio.
How You'll Succeed
- Attention to detail - Analyze new and pending laws, regulations and industry commitments ensuring that relevant issues and organizational risks are identified. Provide timely and ongoing identification, risk assessment, and communication of changing regulatory requirements.
- Relationship Building - Work with business management to establish an appropriate regulatory compliance culture and help the business to ensure that compliance risk and control processes are effective and cost-efficient.
- Oversight and Monitoring - Consult, oversee and monitor resolution of complex or contentious regulatory compliance issues. Draft action plans to address non-compliance issues and provide recommendations.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in consumer related regulatory/compliance requirements, policies, procedures and methodologies, sufficient to draft strategies and provide advice to business management in resolving regulatory compliance risks and issues. Knowledge of PSBB, CIBC Life and CIBC Agency products, services and supporting compliance and control processes, particularly those applicable to the business areas this role supports.
- You love to learn. You're passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way, both in writing and verbally.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.