Director, EAML Training
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
The Enterprise Anti-Money Laundering (EAML) Group is responsible for all aspects of CIBC's Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF) regime, including development of policies and procedures, development and delivery of training, and reviewing the activities of CIBC's business and infrastructure groups, and investigative activities, including the receipt and analysis of information that may indicate money laundering, terrorist financing or sanctions violation, or other high-risk activity. The Director, Enterprise Anti-Money Laundering, Training is accountable for the development and implementation of CIBC's Anti-Money Laundering (AML) training program that satisfies all regulatory requirements related to training. This includes maintaining the international training inventory and the Training Program framework to ensure there is a documented record of the training program and all of its components. The Director is responsible for the annual review, updates and delivery of the AML/ATF Corporate Mandatory Training and Testing (CMTT), specialized training for higher risk lines of business, EAML onboarding orientation and training, and ongoing development and delivery of training specific to the ML/TF risk associated with roles in the FIU, and other areas, as identified. The Director is also accountable for ensuring mechanisms exist to track participation and provide feedback. The Director is also accountable for providing AML-related training support in respect of CIBC initiatives involving multiple lines of business across strategic business units and globally.
How You'll Succeed
- Global AML/ATF Training Program and Framework - Develops and maintains CIBC's Global AML/ATF Training Program and Framework including management of the AML/ATF training working group and the maintenance of the training content inventory globally. Manages the key elements of the AML training program and provides oversight to the implementation of the program to ensure consistency of the training programs across Lines of Business (LoB's). Manages the development and approves training content for CIBC's EAML courses as well as non-routine and specialized content for supplemental training for high risk lines of business.
- Research and Advisory - Researches, develops and delivers ongoing training for internal EAML resources, mapping training curriculum to designated career paths, where applicable. Advises MLRO's on training requirements, reviews jurisdictional material for compliance with Canadian Standard. Leads the relationship with Learning & Development during the CMTT development/delivery process. Records all participation, pass/fail, and trending data from all training courses. Utilizes Quality Control data to identify training opportunities. Analyzes CMTT results, enterprise-wide, as a way to continuously improve the content, addressing gaps in understanding, identifying systemic issues, etc.
- Leadership - Acts as business owner of third party vendor relationships supporting the AML/ATF Training Program. Manages projects related to the development and implementation of new and revised AML client and business related training standards, supplements, and guidelines. Actively monitors industry best practices as it relates to AML training content and delivery. Provides content/ information that may be required for CIBC's AML Program reports to senior management and executives, enterprise-wide.
- People Management - Provide leadership and effective management of business unit staff to influence employee commitment to the organization, to the team, and to their job. Set appropriate context when assigning work to ensure that individuals' roles support the achievement of the business unit's priorities and CIBC's overall goals. Build team and individual capabilities by providing development opportunities such as job shadowing, special projects, and training.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in: people management skills sufficient to lead and motivate a professional workforce. You have the a bility to facilitate small and large groups, and have the understanding and application of adult learning principles in corporate environment. You also have solid understanding of Instructional Design principles. You possess excellent, written and oral communication skills together with strong presentation skills.
- Y ou have strong knowledge of: Canadian AML/ATF laws and regulations, and a working knowledge o f AML/ATF laws and regulations of jurisdictions in which CIBC entities operate. You have considerable working knowledge and understanding of CIBC's organization, and business accountabilities . You have solid judgment and problem-solving skills in order to provide input and advice to LoBs on AML for best compliance and risk management solutions.
- You have a degree/diploma in business, law or accounting, training, change management or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- You are a bold and authentic leader. You're passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit