CIBC in Montreal, QC
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
This is a position within the Performance Team in the Investment Services Group. The main responsibilities of the incumbent will include validating/providing performance returns which are used in RFPs and marketing presentations, maintaining external consultant databases, producing GIPS compliant composite presentations and various performance reports including some portfolio attribution analysis.
How You'll Succeed
- Portfolio Analysis. Identify and analyze the differences in performance calculations (versus a benchmark and/or returns within the same asset class) for different portfolios within the firm. Updating the composite database on a monthly basis in order to remain GIPS compliant and act as the resource person for the annual external audit .
- Leveraging Technology. Ensure the quantitative information is loaded accurately and in a timely manner into the external consultant databases while improving the process. Learn and understand all the details related to the different Performance related systems (Eagle, Robust, FMC Pacer) .
- Governance Support. Proactively contribute to governance initiatives. C ontribute to the operational process related to performance calculation for the firm's portfolio by identifying and analyzing differences in performances.
Who You Are
- You have a degree/diploma in Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Finance, University degree with specialization in finance or a closely related field.
- You're a certified professional. CIPM designation completed or in progress; CFA designation is an asset; Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is an asset.
- You can demonstrate experience in with any type of commercially available performance system, i.e. SS&C Sylvan, PCBond, Eagle Performance, Robust Performance and working knowledge of FMC (asset)
- You give meaning to data . You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You're fluent in English and French
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.