Java Developer (RESTful APIs)
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com .
What You'll Be Doing
You'll be at the heart of a team bringing innovative technology to life as part of CIBC's digital transformation. As a Java Developer within CIBC's Remote Banking and Shared Services department, you'll lead the technical design, development and integration of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. You'll build easy, flexible, and personalized banking solutions that enhance client experience and help build the bank of the future.
How You'll Succeed
Business Systems Expertise - Be the subject matter expert in business systems. Use your knowledge to define and document requirements for data, workflow, processes, systems, internal and external checks, controls and outputs to ensure the application exceeds expectations.
Programming Knowledge - Lead the design and development of specifications and perform code reviews. Test, debug, document, and manage changes to ensure the successful implementation and maintenance of programs.
Leadership Skills - Regularly offer guidance and support to fellow developers. Provide strategic, informed recommendations to senior management, and keep up to date on current technology trends.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in: 4 years of hands on experience in Java development. You are fluent in Object Oriented Design, JSON, Swagger and RESTful APIs. You have knowledge of Maven, Test Driven Development (TDD), writing Unit Tests, Automated Tests, SOAPUI and Technical writing. You have working knowledge of database design/programming (Oracle and Stored Procedures) and GITHUB source control. It would be an asset if you have previous experience in an Agile environment and tools (Jira and Confluence).
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive : Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop : Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper : Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit