New Grad, Civil Engineer/Technologist - Contract Administration
WSP in Multiple Locations
Whitby, ON | Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WHITBY - Durham Region
WSP is currently seeking an EIT to join our Contract Administration team, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for site review of the construction of earthworks, sewers, water mains, roads and road restoration for conformance to approved drawings and specifications.
- Review of conformance of traffic controls to approved traffic management plans;
- Maintain written and photographic record keeping;
- Liaison with contractors, clients, general public and municipal officials;
- Quantity measurements for preparation of payment certifications;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in a Civil Engineering Technology program from a recognized college or Civil Engineering Degree from a recognized university;
- Familiarity with sewer, water main and road construction materials, methods and processes is an asset;
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team;
- Strong computer skills; including Word, Excel and other Microsoft office applications;
- A vehicle in suitable working order and valid driver's license is required;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.