Senior Engineer, Municipal Engineering
WSP in Dartmouth, NS
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join our Municipal Engineering team, located at our Dartmouth office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for client facing and immersed in most facets of civil infrastructure design and construction administration.
- Actively manage small to large infrastructure design projects in a team environment.
- Be client facing, successfully managing client relationships and expectations.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed engineering plans for municipal servicing and road construction;
- Prepare cost estimates and quantity take-offs for municipal infrastructure projects;
- Prepare Tender documents and specifications for municipal infrastructure projects;
- Perform calculations and technical assessments;
- Prepare reports and other project related documentation;
- Prepare presentation materials and develop proposals and related strategies;
- Working with the Field Construction Team, perform site construction review duties on civil infrastructure projects as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate Degree in a Civil Engineering program from an accredited university;
- Applicants must be registered with the provincial engineering association;
- Minimum 10+ years of industry related experience
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft products is required;
- Experience with Civil 3D is an asset;
- Knowledge of municipal design standards and specifications is required;
- Excellent technical, analytical, writing, and presentation skills;
- Great communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Desire to take on new challenges; and
- A valid Driver's license is required.
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.