Project Bridge Engineer, Municipal Engineering
WSP in Fredericton, NB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Bridge/ Structural Engineer to join our Municipal Engineering team, located at our Fredericton, NB (or Summerside, PEI) office. This position will be responsible for specifications and contract document preparation, review of shop drawings, and contract administration and construction supervision.
- Preliminary and detailed design of bridges, culverts, retaining walls and other civil structures;
- Load evaluation of existing bridge structures;
- Bridge inspections, assessment and rehabilitation design;
- Quantities and construction cost estimates;
- Checking of designs and drawings;
- Preparation of reports and proposals;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional Engineer with 5-10 years demonstrated experience in the area of structural design and bridge engineering in Canada or North America;
- Superior technical understanding, design abilities and current on bridge technologies;
- Working knowledge of structural analysis software used in bridge design;
- Specific areas of expertise required are in the planning, preliminary and detailed design, and construction of bridges of standard and complex geometry, and culverts. A thorough knowledge of current CHBDC standards and guidelines is essential;
- Experience with inspection, assessment and rehabilitation of existing structures;
- Experience with contract administration and construction supervision;
- Effective Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work on several projects at a time with multiple design teams;
- A team player with a willingness to help others and collaborating with team members;
- Committed team player.
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.