Bilingual Administration and Finance Assistant
The Federation of New Brunswick Faculty Associations represents the interests of professors, contract academic staff, professional librarians and researchers at New Brunswick's four public universities. It advocates the advancement of the standards of their profession and seeks to improve the quality of higher education in the province.
We are looking to fill the permanent part-time position (20 hours/week) of Administration and Finance Assistant at our FNBFA office in Fredericton, NB.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative and Finance Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and financial support for the management of the office and the smooth operation of the FNBFA as a whole.
He or she is responsible for ensuring the effective operation of all information technologies used by the Federation (including but not limited to software used by the Federation, access to news media, social media, to operation and updating of the website); revise texts in either official language (or both); format correspondence and documents; write administrative letters of a technical nature; update the databases; coordinate all that is needed for meetings, attend meetings and write minutes; perform tasks related to business arising from meetings; perform tasks related to accounting and assure computerized bookkeeping; coordinate arrangements for conferences and workshops offered by the Federation; ensure procurement of office supplies and filing of documents.
The person assigned to this position receives and filters telephone calls and e-mails and responds to general inquiries in French or in English.
The Administrative and Finance Assistant must demonstrate courtesy, initiative, judgment, discretion and tact.
- college diploma in a field related to the position or a combination of education and experience;
- at least two years of relevant experience at the position;
- fluency in both official languages, spoken and written;
- initiative, judgment, discretion and sense of organization;
- work experience with Microsoft Office 365, Sage, and the Internet;
- experience with office procedures, telephone protocols and filing techniques ;
- able to perform tasks that require attention to detail;
- ability to greet and communicate with people effectively;
- ability to work independently and as a team.
- Capable of updating a website using Word Press software.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter with a resumé to apply.
Hours: 20 hours/week
Please include a cover letter when sending your resume.
The FNBFA offers an equal chances to all candidates who possess the education and experience sought.
We thank you for your interest. However, we will only communicate with the people whose applications will be accepted.