Financial Analyst, Operations
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 48523
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Administration
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join our National Finance Operations team based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Perform moderately complex analysis related to operational reporting, budgeting, planning and performance
- Assist in forecasting, targeting, and budgeting process
- Assist in development of performance analysis
- Prepare standardized reporting requests
- Prepare various analytical reports as necessary
- Communicate effectively with functional area managers
- Analyze capital investment opportunities as required
- Create and maintain budget, proforma and/or reporting templates
- Maintain various reporting requirements
- Perform account reconciliations and account analysis
- Work with the National Operations and other Finance Teams to identify opportunities to reduce costs
- Adhere to GAAP/IFRS, Sobeys Accounting Standards & policies and CEO/ CFO Certification requirements
- Develop and manage various reports using various software platforms including but not limited to SAP, Khalix/Longview, BMR, and BW
- Put forward suggestions to improve processes
- Provide an excellent level of customer service to all levels of the business
- Special projects as assigned
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Relevant Post Secondary education (Business, Accounting, Finance, etc.)
- 1-3 years relevant experience in Accounting/Finance
- Intermediate Excel skills - compiling and tracking data with the ability to drive insights from data
- Proficient in GAAP/IFRS
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyze complex data
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven time management, organization, prioritization, and multi tasking skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Detail-oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Completion of or working toward a professional accounting designation (CA, CPA, CGA, CMA)
- Experience in SAP and Khalix/Longview
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.