Senior Private Banking Advisor
CIBC in Montreal, QC
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You will be responsible for effectively managing and growing a portfolio of cash management, lending and investment products and services which increases overall profit contribution to CIBC Private Wealth Management. As a Senior Private Banking Advisor, you will provide exceptional service to Private Banking clients by assisting them with their transactional banking needs and responding to their queries. You also support overall client needs for broader Wealth Advisory services including Investment, Retirement and Estate Planning services.
How You'll Succeed
- Client Service - Review client portfolios and financial needs from a holistic perspective and identify opportunities to broaden the client's suite of products and services. Meet regularly with clients to conduct portfolio reviews and introduce new product and service solutions. Understand wealth generation by small to medium business enterprises and the complexity of monetizing their value.
- Business Development - Through business development activities, acquire new clients who have sophisticated financial needs, are people of influence and/or who require complex global financial solutions. Search for and develop untapped opportunities to promote CIBC Private Wealth Management within the High Net Worth market. Develop and maintain high quality, effective relationships with internal and external networks. Contribute to the group's High Net Worth (HNW) business by building a portfolio of HNW clients whose needs are primarily banking, credit and investment based (i.e. mutual funds, fixed income products, GICs, Imperial Investor Services, PPS, etc.)
- Relationship Building - Increase retention and consolidation of CIBC Private Wealth Management clients' business by understanding the clients and developing strong relationships and action plans to provide appropriate investment, credit, banking solutions and wealth advisory services. Provide consistent service excellence at all client touch points to meet High Net Worth client's expectations for service delivery and issue resolution.
- Analysis - Ensure quality of account portfolio by performing risk assessment and in-depth financial analysis on all potential or existing High Net Worth clients on an ongoing basis. Ensure that all recommendations and actions adhere to all Bank risk standards and guidelines. Assess performance through review of Local Level Reporting (LLR) and build target plans to enable achievement of required business objectives and to support execution of annual portfolio plan.
Who You Are
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You can demonstrate experience with concepts of personal financial planning and strong knowledge of all banking, investment and credit products and services and financial services experience (private client, private banking, advisory, brokerage, etc.)
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You a certified professional. You have your Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Professional Financial Planning Course, Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH) and continuing education to Certified Financial Planners Designation.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.