Document Control Coordinator
WSP in Toronto, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Document Control Coordinator to join our Rail & Transit Division, located at our project site office. This position will be responsible for the management of all information on the project, filing of the information and the distribution and receipt of the information among the project team members, reviewers and stakeholders.
- Receiving all information related to the project and distributing the information to the responsible parties;
- Maintaining a register of all project documents by way of continuous updates of related logs tracking all incoming and outgoing documents;
- Management and monitoring of timelines related to submissions or review process by way of email notification and reminders;
- Interfacing with the Project Team on Document Control matters and training all applicable project staff in the use of the document management system;
- Scanning, filing, photocopying, report preparation and drafting of letters and correspondence;
- Ensure all project documentation is compliant with project formats, company standards, styles, and verification forms;
- Organize final reports and submissions for delivery and prepare courier packages;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Experience in Administration and/or document control services environment will be an asset;
- Familiarity with handling drawings and technical documents will be an asset;
- A self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to take initiative;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment with aggressive timelines;
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel skills;
- Team player with a flexible attitude and the ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks/deadlines;
- Integrity, professionalism and excellent communication and interpersonal skills that are required to handle both internal and external communications with tact and diplomacy;
- Available for occasional overtime work.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.