Named as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and Most Admired Corporate Cultures in Canada, Southwest has developed, constructed, owned and operated world-class properties for over 50 years. A leading developer of residential and commercial property and one of the largest privately-held owner of multi-family residential buildings in the Halifax region, Southwest's brand of quality and community involvement has made a major impact on the Atlantic Canadian real estate market. Southwest believes in going beyond the necessary to create inspiring environments by providing the best places to live, shop, work and play, creating lasting relationships with employees, customers and partners.
Southwest is currently looking to add a Financial Analyst to the growing team! Working with the Senior Financial Analyst and Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Analyst will provide detailed analysis on current and future developments and acquisitions as well as perform complex financial modeling. Regular duties will include (but not limited to):
- Perform sensitivity analysis to determine a range of outcomes
- Calculate return on equity and internal rate of return
- Maintain and update a schedule of the company's debt portfolio
- Perform quantitative and qualitative cost-benefit analysis for debt financings
- Perform internal and external financial performance?benchmarking
- Prepare financial presentations and commentary for Advisory Board and senior management
- Analyze loan documents of proposed financings
- Project cash flows and cash requirements for various lines of business
- Assemble data and prepare financial materials for presentations (staff meetings, management meetings etc.)
- Various financial analysis and modelling projects related to the role as they arise
As the successful candidate, you have an exceptional attention to detail and strong financial modeling skills as well as offer your discretion and professionalism to all situations. You bring an enthusiasm for an entrepreneurial environment, advanced Excel capabilities as well as a post-secondary degree focusing in finance or accounting. A master's degree or designation and previous experience in real estate would be considered an asset.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter by January 25th, 2019 to Amanda Denton: Southwest Properties Limited, 1475 Lower Water Street, Suite 100 Halifax NS, B3J 3Z2. Email: email@example.com