CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
By joining CIBC's Center Technology department, you'll be at the heart of CIBC's EOT GOW Strategy group. As an Application Consultant, you will build, implement and maintain easy, flexible, and personalized solutions that enhance the client experience. You'll lead the planning and strategy for the technical design, development and integration of these applications.
How You'll Succeed
- Design and Development: Perform and coordinate complex application programming activities. Design the application's technical infrastructure using specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches. Lead the design and development of cost-effective and innovative solutions, all the while, making sure that it aligns with our bank's strategy.
- Strategic Planning: Develop multi-year technology roadmaps that align with the bank's vision, strategy, and business objectives. Lead multiple complex projects involving backend systems, new technology, and the enhancement of existing applications.
- Leadership Skills: Act as public cloud migration subject matter expert and run code-review sessions with the wider team to ensure the project is on track to meet objectives. Support and mentor intermediate and senior developers by sharing knowledge, collaborating and problem solving.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience with: 5-8 years of hands-on BPM platforms, Design, Development and Architecture as well as a pulse on innovative technology. Technical experience with: Design patterns, Weblogic, J2EE, Oracle, Web frameworks, XML, JSON, SQL, SOA and Java programming.
- You have a degree/diploma in Computer Science, SW Engineering/or related programming degree/diploma.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive : Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop : Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper : Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need To Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit