Director, Digital Analytics %26 Integration (Strategy %26 Visualization)
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
Reporting to the Senior Director, Digital Analytics & Integration, the Director, Digital Analytics & Integration is responsible for rolling out the Digital Analytics standards, strategy and visualization, as well as leading the execution of our transformational roadmap of capabilities to enable deeper analytics to drive sales and to provide support other future state digital experience strategies for CIBC's digital banking assets. This includes aligning activities towards achieving the digital analytics vision, goals and objectives, proactively implementing tactics to accelerate revenue growth, building and leading a team of seasoned Analytics practitioners, and assisting the Senior Director with actionable analytics to enable strategy adjustments with key partners as well as multiple lines of business. This position works closely with technology and other internal and external partners to ensure data integrity, and the efficient and effective management of information reported to and utilized by the business.
The Director will also support the development of a standardized library of templates, dashboards, and KPI's, aligning the definitions of metrics used to measure the client journey across multiple touch-points, including performance benchmarks, competitor insights, third party research, and developing recommendations to enhance sales effectiveness / optimization of client experiences across CIBC.com, online banking, mobile banking and all other CIBC digital platforms.
How You'll Succeed
- S upport and monitor major analytical initiatives -
- Hold internal and external partners, agencies, and consulting firms accountable to the exact scope of deliverables, the desired output, and the quality of work products including meeting the required turnaround time and cost stated to produce deliverables.
- Identify and synergize key dependencies with business analysis teams, development, and quality assurance team using a new framework and target operating model.
- Provide strategic leadership and align digital experience measurement (a unified data layer) across major projects and initiatives. This includes revisiting past, current, and future programs.
- Liaise with stakeholders across digital sales and strategy, digital innovation, partners, delivery, user contain actionable recommendations that are relevant for the audience.
- Provide experience, and lines of business to ensure that deliverables are met in a timely manner and that the quality of analytics business sign off on delivery related initiatives related to the analytics standards, strategy and visualization.
- Guide Senior Managers on the best practices of Tableau, to result in the most relevant client experience related analytics and visualization relevant for Digital.
- Liaise with Director, Digital Analytics (Integration and Metrics) on back end data support, including supporting and brokering conversations internally with line of business partners, marketing, and other groups to enable back end data warehouse integrations as a possible future state.
- Guide investment in digital analytics capabilities and infrastructure -
- Prioritize support for visualization as well as other potential tools to adopt on the horizon, the needs and strategy of the overall CIBC Digital environment with input from Senior Director
- Manage vendor relationships, statements of work, and obtain approvals for change requests in alignment with CIBC processes, protocols and procedures.
- Partner with project management team to prioritize, and work towards an agile implementation strategy
- Synthesize analytics / presentations / recommendations.
- Ensure satisfactory requirements are met within acceptable risk guidelines to CIBC, and hold third party vendors accountable to service level agreements
- Allocate a team budget to facilitate the accomplishment of all stated goals
- Promote a data driven culture -
- Enable a culture of continuous learning, sharing, and enabling knowledge transfer / cross skill development
- Recruit and retain a high-performing team of analysts
- Assist team members in their efforts at career planning and professional development, including performance evaluations
- People Management
- Build team and individual capabilities by providing leadership and coaching, in addition to other development opportunities such as job shadowing, special projects, and training.
- Setting appropriate context when assigning work to ensure that individuals' roles support the achievement of the business unit's priorities and CIBC's overall goals;
- Manage performance by providing fair and accurate formal and informal feedback, identifying and removing obstacles to performance and by explaining how performance expectations align with business priorities.
- Create a positive work environment and being an effective role model by championing CIBC's mission, vision and values.
- Ensure compliance with policies, standards, guidelines and controls by applying the policies and controls fairly and consistently so employees understand what to expect, and;
- Hire the right people in the right jobs to align individual capabilities with job requirements and business unit goals.
Who You Are
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You look beyond the moment. You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new solutions to overcome all obstacles.
- You can demonstrate experience in : Hands on leadership in the development of roadmaps focused on key technological capabilities and operating models; management consulting experience or digital agency experience considered an asset. Strong technical knowledge specifically focused in digital content management, digital marketing & analytics and visualization. Strong technical knowledge of Tableau and nice to have an understanding of Adobe Analytics, Dynamic Tag Management, Adobe Creative Cloud and UX/Visualization with a proven analytical skills including a track record of making recommendations based on data driven business analytics.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.