Senior Financial Analyst
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Senior Financial Analyst, Information Technology
To provide value-add analytical and financial operating expense and capital reporting and support to the IT groups. This includes working with key functional areas including the IT teams and the controllers group in providing insight into the financial results and the key drivers behind these figures.
- Monitor, review and analyze accounts and develop monthly forecasts
- Prepare and submit monthly journal entries for accruals, adjustments and reallocations ensuring a thorough understanding of the accounting treatment of expenditures (operating vs. capital) and meeting monthly requirements for the month-end closing process
- Manage ongoing relationships with the IT & Planning team in order to provide financial analysis supporting the development of budgets and forecasts including addressing accounting related queries/issues.
- Provide meaningful analysis and commentary to both budget and to forecast on a monthly and quarterly basis (both Capex & Opex)
- Work with the Oracle Financial Systems & Tools (ADI, Discoverer, Smartview, Noetix).
- Create and present value-add financial packages for the VP?s including identifying operational cost savings opportunities and providing recommendations.
- Develop ad-hoc and financial models and analysis as needed.
- Participate in and support the annual budgeting process.
- Proactively analyze accounts and initiate and implement recommendations on process and procedure improvements.
- Work cross-functionally to assist in various financial and reporting requirements while ensuring that best practices of corporate standards and policies are complied with.
- Anticipate potential issues and work and communicate with colleagues when information is required to suggest solutions.
- Special projects as needed
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Business or a related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive financial experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA CGA/CA/CMA) or current enrollment in a program is preferred.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Access and Powerpoint
- Proficiency in Oracle Financial Systems & Essbase/Smartview would be an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Self-starter possessing the ability to work under minimal supervision in a fluid, dynamic fast-paced, changing work environment and also within a team.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time Shift: Day Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON Travel Requirements: Up to 10% Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Financial Planning and Analysis Requisition ID: 143510 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Rogers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what?s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]] || [[country]] || ON || Brampton || [[mfield2]] ||