Senior Data Analyst, Revenue Assurance
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We support and encourage employees to find long term success and explore opportunities that play to their individual strengths and passions. We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions ? we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you build a rewarding career at Rogers. We?ve established a new set of internal hiring rules to help you find long-term success at Rogers. Click here to access Your Career @ Rogers ? Ground Rules and become familiar with the new requirements.
In a fast paced competitive Communications market, Revenue Assurance ensures the integrity of Rogers telecom revenue streams via processes and controls managed. Revenue Assurance is focused on the reduction of leakage, revenue recoveries and opportunities to save.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Revenue Assurance, the successful candidate will be a motivated and energetic contributor with expert knowledge of Revenue Assurance controls, data analytics and reporting.
- Provide expertise and leadership in analytics and reporting related issues within Revenue Assurance.
- Support projects/programs that impact RA controls and Revenue influencing IT design to ensure tight controls and data integrity throughout the project/program implementation process.
- Liaise with cross functional IT and Business teams to understand data flows and transformations between the various IT systems.
- Act as a key advisor for all Revenue Assurance needs relating to data warehouses and reporting
- Develop and scale a set of processes and tools to allow seamless extraction, importing and uploading of data from a variety of Network, IT, Revenue sources.
- Use intelligent information management tools to discover and extract information to help support the decision making processes and identify revenue/costs risks and benefits.
- Conduct deep dive analyzes with large volumes of data to support Revenue Assurance initiatives
- Undertake self-initiated analysis to uncover opportunities or instances of revenue or cost exposure/overbilling
- Generate business case and/or cost benefit statements to support analysis and key findings for any revenue recovery opportunities
- Generate dashboards and/or presentations to Management on findings and opportunities.
- Support data and analysis requests from all levels of the Revenue Assurance Management team.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Business analysis trends and industry best practices
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA) preferred or equivalent accounting experience with 3 to 4 years of experience in a fast paced challenging accounting and special projects environment.
- A complete understanding of the customer billing process and revenue recognition.
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other quantitative field is preferred.
- Demonstrated business reporting and analytical experience with 3 ? 5 years of progressive reporting experience in support of both Cable and Wireless lines of business
- Experience in high volume data analysis with emphasis on the development, implementation and maintenance of reporting and analytical structures.
- OCA or equivalent training
- Advanced knowledge of Java, SQL and SAS
- Advance knowledge with Business Objects, SAP will be an asset
- Practical experience with ETL (extract, transform, load) processes and associated tools
- Ability to multi-task to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex issues and findings to meet the needs of the target audience
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills to develop internal relationships with multiple stakeholders at various levels of management
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what?s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]] || [[country]] || ON || Toronto || [[mfield2]] ||