Project Manager, Building Sciences
WSP in Toronto, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Building Sciences group, located at our Toronto office. Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible for leading Building Science Project Teams, focused on restoration and construction of building envelope and roofing systems for commercial and large residential buildings.
- Conduct building investigations and field reviews to determine design and repair options;
- Prepare client proposals, building investigation reports and construction documents;
- Provide technical advice to clients and direct project teams (consultants and contractors);
- Manage the contract administration and quality of restoration projects at the construction stage;
- Evaluate contractor performance to ensure project deliverables and quality standards are achieved;
- Keep the client informed of site issues impacting project quality and resolve issues as required;
- Make contributions to company knowledge management and practice systems;
- Contribute to the firm's reputation in the market and maintain client base;
- Integrate, coach and develop employees through daily project work;
- Apply sustainable thinking to each project being delivered to clients; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Building Science, Architectural Science or a construction-related discipline;
- P.Eng. or CET designation preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an engineering or architectural firm;
- Proven success managing restoration and construction projects involving large commercial and residential buildings;
- In-depth knowledge of building materials and construction processes for repairing building envelopes, cladding systems, roofs and parking structures;
- Ability to quickly identify and understand project issues and opportunities;
- A team player amongst energetic, successful people; and
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.