Attic Manager & Graphic Designer
The Memorial University of Newfoundland Students' Union (MUNSU) is seeking a full-time Attic Manager & Graphic Designer to oversee management of The Attic copy centre, convenience store & post office.
This individual will supervise the part-time student staff while ensuring the efficient of operation of the service. This position also serves as graphic designer for the students' union, producing high quality and consistent materials for the events, campaigns, and services of the students' union.
This position works directly with the Operations & Services Coordinator and reports directly to the MUNSU Executive and Board of Directors.
Salary: Graphic Artist/Attic Manager Salary Step 1 ($25.73/hr) plus benefits as per CUPE 4554 collective agreement.
- Supervising student staff including training, scheduling, and delegating tasks.
- Ordering, maintaining, inventorying and analyzing performance of products and supplies.
- Administration of the Point of Sales system
- Maintaining operation of Canada Post outlet in accordance with contract and Canada Post regulations.
- Maintaining and operating various printing hardware and software.
- Reconciling daily deposits.
- Promoting the Attic's services through sales, advertising and other means.
- Liaising with the MUNSU general office to complete graphic design requests in a consistent style and a timely manner.
- Keeping up-to-date with adobe creative suite software.
- Regularly communicating ideas to the MUNSU Executive and specifically the Director of Finance & Services on how to improve the operations of The Attic.
- Other related duties as assigned by the MUNSU Executive.
- Fully experienced in all technical aspects of multifunction copiers, PC and Mac computers, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Significant experience in a print shop and/or graphic design/marketing firm
- Experience in a retail environment and maintaining customer relationships
- Valid driver's license
- Degree or diploma in business administration and/or in applied arts/graphic design or any equivalent combination of experience and training
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and supportive working relationships with co-workers and the public.
The MUN Students' Union is an employment equity employer. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from racialized people, Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, queer and Trans people, and women.
Applications shall be submitted in writing to MUNSU no later than Sunday, January 20th at 4:30 PM. Only those candidates contacted for an interview will be notified.
MUNSU is pleased to provide a unionized environment under CUPE Local 4554, and intends for this position to be unionized.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
To apply, please submit the following:
a) An up-to-date resume with references
b) An up-to-date cover letter
Staff Relations Officer
MUNSU General Office Room UC-2000,
University Centre, 1 Arctic Avenue, St. John's, NL A1C 5S7