Project Engineer - Highways & Roads Transportation Engineering
WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Engineer - Highways & Roads Transportation Engineering to join our Transportation team, located in downtown Vancouver. Reporting to the Manager Transportation, this position will be responsible for design, design management and project management of complex transportation projects. These projects can vary in size and complexity from minor Rural Highways and intersection treatments to complex Urban/Rural system Interchanges, transit exchange facilities, intermodal corridors (ex. pedestrian, cyclist, transit, vehicular), Bus/LRT Rapid transit corridors, etc
Why choose WSP?
- Are you a passionate engineer interested in working on challenging, dynamic, and diverse projects in a global company?
- Do you want to influence and guide and coordinate with various internal disciplines to ensure the successful completion of state of the art projects?
- Are you passionate about growth opportunities and exposure to leading practices within a growing, global multinational firm?
What you can expect:
- Design and design coordination with other team members as well as a wide range of project requirements including but not limited to:
- Direct and coordinate a team of design/drafting engineers in preparing cost effective, accurate and timely transportation engineering designs drawings to meet client's approvals
- Update, implement, maintain and monitor internal QA/QC process
- Liaison with all discipline members, sub-consultants, etc
- Project Manage minor infrastructure projects to ensure that major parameters are achieved (safety, budgets, schedule and quality control)
- Provide guidelines, to junior staff
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to WSP:
- Civil Engineering Degree or Technology Diploma from an accredited university or college with minimum 7 years experience in a design role
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng or Eng. L. with EGBC
- Excellent knowledge of local design standards and specifications,
- Proven experience tracking project scope, schedule and budget, experience with all aspects of urban/rural roadway design;
- Proficiency in AutoCad Civil 3D and other design software, particularly in the application of roadway and highway geometric design
- Ability to work independently within a busy and high-performing team and ability to communicate with a wide range of sub-consultants;
- General understanding of other road design requirements (e.g. drainage / hydraulic design, environmental design/mitigation measures, engineering surveys, geotechnical investigations and design);
- Alternative delivery experience is an asset (ex. DB, DBFM, DBFO etc)
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.