Pharmacy Technician (SCFP8)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Pharmacy
CLASSIFICATION : Pharmacy Technician (SCFP8)
STATUS : Permanent part-time
FTE : 0.6
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : January 2019
JOB SUMMARY :
The incumbent is responsible for interacting with the patient to collect medication information, verify the accuracy of medication preparation, prepare and distribute medications and pharmaceutical products, prepare sterile products including chemotherapy medications, assist the pharmacist in implementing and monitoring medication care plans for patients, ensure the supply of medications and supplies for the area, participate in the destruction of controlled substances, supervise pharmacy technician students and perform office tasks associated with the operation of the pharmacy.
- Registered as a pharmacy technician with the New Brunswick College of Pharmacists and be licensed to practice in New Brunswick;
- Successful completion of the department training programs (handling of cytotoxic agents, preparation of sterile products, medication reconciliation (MedRec) and medication check) as per set deadline;
- Ability to do mathematical calculations accurately;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"